Deadline: June 22, 2015
Starting June 2nd, 2015, the British Council will accept entries from youths for its#MyCreativeHustle Competition. Your creative hustle should be related to any of the following sectors:
- Built/Natural Environment including –
- Architecture, Interior Design, Urban Design and Planning.
- Visual and Creative Arts – Film, Fashion,
- Music, Animation; Visual Arts.
- Business & Management for the Creative
- Industries including marketing and advertising; media and publicity.
This is open to creative Nigerians between the ages of 18 and 30 who are interested in or pursuing a career in the creative industries.
- Finalists will be invited to meet with a panel of professionals from the Nigerian Creative industries sector and UK institution academics for a mentoring session in July.
- The Winner gets a chance to travel to the UK for a trade/industry programme related to their sector. (E.g an Architect gets to attend the London festival of Architecture or a Fashion Designer gets to attend London Fashion week).
- Submit an original 30 sec video that ends with the line ……that’s my Creative Hustle.
- The Video can cover any aspect of your work and include images, text and music.
- The video must show you engaged in your preferred sector describing how you intend to make this hustle a profitable business.
- Videos must be no longer than 30 seconds
- Videos can be submitted in common digital video formats shot on digital cameras including video shot on smart phones, but must be of high resolution.
- The British Council’s decision on the winning entry will be final.
How to Enter
Upload your video on twitter with the Hashtag #MyCreativeHustle and copy @ngbritisharts.
For more information visit here