Following receipt of funding from Barrister Yusuf Ali (SAN) for the fourth year running, the Association of Nigerian Authors is pleased to announce the first ever ANA/Yusuf Ali Creative Writing Workshop.
The ANA/Yusuf Ali Creative Writing Workshop will be hosted by the Association of Nigerian Authors in Lagos, Nigeria from the 2nd to 4th of October, 2015. A total of twenty students from tertiary institutions in Nigeria will be selected, from entries received, to participate in the workshop over the period of a single weekend.
The target of the workshop is to produce an Anthology of Creative Writing in honour of our benefactor, Yusuf Ali SAN.
- All registered students of English and related Language courses, studying in Nigeria, are eligible.
- Other Nigerian students with interests in creative writing are encouraged to apply.
- Submissions should be made via email ONLY.
- Send entry to <email@example.com> in a SINGLE Microsoft Word file with the following details.
- a) 100-word bio.
- b) 600-word writing sample.
- c) Full contact details including school affiliation, phone, email and a referee, preferably the head of department.
ALL submissions must be received by NOON of September 16, 2015.
Successful candidates will be contacted on or before September 23, 2015.
- The Association shall subsidise transportation cost for all participants to Lagos.
- The Association will undertake the accommodation of all participants.
- Tea and lunch will be provided.
- ALL participants are to contribute a short story, not less than 3000 words, to the anthology.
The workshop will be facilitated by two well known Nigerian authors of great standing who will teach the rudiments of creative writing, an emphasis on fiction, through an intensive combination of talking, reading and class work. The facilitators will also serve as mentors to the participants after the workshop contact proper.
The Workshop is meant to see a shift of emphasis from reading to writing and would further cement the Association and our benefactor, Yusuf Ali SAN, in the public mind as an all-round player in literary development amongst secondary school students in Nigeria.
Remi Raji Tanko Okoduwa
President, ANA Gen. Secretary, ANA
CALL FOR ENTRIES: ANA/YUSUF ALI CREATIVE WRITING WORKSHOP
– See more here.