Below, in the briefest of summaries is the schedule for Ake:
- Day 1 (17th): Fiction Workshops
- Day 2 (18th): School Visits
- Day 3 (19th): Opening Ceremony, book chats, panel discussions
- Day 4 (20th): Book chats and panel discussions, announcements
- Day 5 (21st) Panel discussions, books chat, announcements, Poetry and Palmwine evening.
- There is a film or play every evening.
This schedule allows for staggered arrivals so I got to Abeokuta on the evening of the 17th (Day 1). My flight left Accra at 5:45pm and an hour later, touchdown at Lagos. It took more time to get to and through the airport in Accra than it did to fly from Accra to Lagos. Our transit bus to Abeokuta took a while to leave Lagos – folks were still arriving on different flights. Anywho, we got to Abeokuta, a 2hr drive, around 11pm , had a very late meal (hosted by…
View original post 328 more words